Supply Chain OperationsManager
|Job Title:||Supply Chain OperationsManager|
|Salary:||£55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits Pkge|
|Contact Name:||Emma Brighouse|
|Job Published:||January 23, 2017 14:28|
Supply Chain Operations Manager
Up 65,000 / 10K car / 15% bonus / 20% pension / health
This is a first-class opportunity for an experienced Supply Chain Manager to secure a career path that could take them to a director level position within 3 to 5 years. The role is based at one of 5 facilities within the group and the successful candidate will be responsible for tactical, operational supply chain functions, managing a team of 30.
Reporting to a very successful, inspirational Director of Supply Chain the Supply Chain Operations Manager will form part of the local site leadership team with a "dotted" line into the Managing Director.
Responsibilities will be to:-
- Implement methods, practices, and techniques to ensure the most economical movement of materials through the supply chain.
- Ensure the required documentation and/or system transactions are executed to allocate, purchase, internally manufacture or reschedule material as required.
- Manage current and future demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities, via the Sales, Inventory and Operational Planning (SIOP) process, to ensure completion of customer requirements.
- Analyse data, including enterprise requirements planning information and prepare consolidated managerial reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure plant/product line optimal supply chain execution.
- Evaluate operational performance of the site and report these figures at leadership meetings.
- Supports compliance initiatives and corporate commodity strategies to achieve synergy across the operation.
- Drives Lean supply methods to improve performance across all the functions.
The successful applicant will have:-
- Full knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic.
- A thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, scheduling, purchasing, supplier selection, inventory control, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving.
- Detailed knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management.
- Experience managing a team.
- Ability to lead cross-functional process improvement teams.
- Ideally be CIPS qualified.
To apply please click "Apply Now" to send your CV to Emma Brighouse at Morgan Ryder Associates.
Morgan Ryder is a provider of Outsourced Recruitment Solutions, Executive Search Services plus Permanent and Contract Recruitment Services for Engineering, Supply Chain & Logistics, Quality & Technical, Sales, Human Resources, Production Operations and more. We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro-Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's