|Job Title:||Technical Manager|
|Salary:||£65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||October 28, 2020 16:53|
£65,000 - £70,000
My client, a world leading manufacturer and distributor of electromechanical solutions for domestic and commercial markets is looking to recruit a Technical Manager to head up their technical function based in Preston.
Employing more than 6,000 people and operating in more than 80 countries worldwide with leading positions in many, my client boasts a turnover of nearly 2 billion in 2019, operating under many renowned international market leading brands.
With responsibility to both new and legacy products, design and project management, the jobholder must be technically competent in a wide range of engineering skills and must have extensive knowledge of project management relating to New Product Introduction. The successor must be capable of managing numerous ongoing key projects, some of which may be outside your normal experience.
- The introduction and management of new Technology within the R&D Department, including people, planning and budgets.
- To provide leadership and coaching and demonstrate expert technical knowledge and market appreciation within the specific Technology areas.
- Development of the products and co-ordination of individual projects to deliver to agreed timeline and approved SOR's, in consultation with other internal departments including Product Management, Production, Quality and external technology partners.
- Responsible for the allocation of resources to projects and Engineering change, within agreed project and budget programme.
- Development of good working relationships with functional managers to secure cross-functional resources, and ensure robust processes are in place, to deliver NPD projects to UK and International markets.
- To provide technical leadership and support to all team members within specified projects, with effective use of internal and external resource, providing innovative solutions.
- To effectively Resource plan technical design activities, projects and change to meet agreed time, cost, specification, and reliability.
- Minimum qualification of a degree or equivalent.
- Technically competent in a wide range of engineering skills.
- Previous design experience.
- Previous experience in a Technical Management position.
- Those from White Goods, Wind Power Generation, Renewables, Waste Process, HVAC, Pressure Vessels exposure are highly desirable - this experience is not essential.
- There will be a responsibility to travel internationally once companywide Covid19 travel restriction are lifted.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's