|Job Title:||Technical Manager - R&D / NPI|
|Salary:||£65000 - £70000 per annum + BENEFITS|
|Contact Name:||Christine Edwards|
|Job Published:||24 days ago|
Technical Manager - R&D / NPI
Excellent Salary & Package
A new an exciting opportunity has a arisen for an experienced Technical Manager to join the R&D department of a global engineering company at their state of the art facility in Lancashire.
The company specialise in the design and manufacture of innovative products and services that enables a global shift towards sustainable energy.
With a large portfolio of market leading brands that cut carbon emissions and save energy, our client is first choice for installers across 100 countries.
The Technical Manager will be responsible for the man-management of a team of R&D Specialists and Project Leads ensuring all Group NPI and Product Improvement projects are delivered in line with project timescales.
- The introduction and management of new technology within the R&D Department, including people, planning and budgets.
- To provide strong leadership and coaching and demonstrate expert technical knowledge and market appreciation within the specific technology areas
- Development of the products and co-ordination of individual projects to deliver to agreed timelines
- Responsible for the allocation of resources to projects and engineering change, within agreed project and budget programme
- To provide technical leadership and support to all team members within specified projects, with effective use of internal and external resource, providing innovative solutions
- To effectively resource plan technical design activities, projects and change to meet agreed time, cost, specification, and reliability
- Ensure all projects comply with current legislation, Health & Safety regulations, Building/Water Regulations, Company ISO 9001/14001 systems and R&D Reliability and Document Control best practice
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant techncial discipline
- Min 5 years experience of managing a Design & Development /R&D team in an engineering environment
- CAD and Design Management with strong background in product design
- Proven Project Management experience
- Experience of development and change processes; product launch and product changes
- Working knowledge of product approvals, legislation and technical files (DOC/CE) for markets such as; HVAC, Renewables, Energy, Storage Technology or similar
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
A superb opportunity to join a successful, well know business who have some new and exciting sustainable products coming to market. APPLY NOW to be considered.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.