|Job Title:||Technical operator|
|Salary:||Up to £37000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Phil Noon|
|Job Published:||December 28, 2017 08:00|
Very Generous Package
3 Shift 8 hours Monday- Friday (Occasional Saturdays when required)
Our client, an FMCG food manufacturing company is in need of a Technical Operator to join their speciality site in Preston. Part of a successful global group, our client is a leader in their market and has companies on five continents producing products in more than 25 countries. We are now looking for an additional team member to join the Lancashire facility to assist in the operation and maintenance of machinery and support the ongoing TPM program.
Operators are required to:
- Operation and control of extrusion machine to manufacture high quality products
- Ensure machine runs to optimum, maximising OEE and minimising downtime
- Ensure non-conforming product is controlled and identify root cause of breakdowns
- Clean, lubricate, calibrate equipment and carry out 1stline maintenance activities
- Sample and test finished product and raw materials and record all quality checks
- Contribute to TPM/OEE Improvement activities to optimise quality/throughput on shift
- Responsible for manufacture of high quality product.
- Quality control of finished product and raw materials.
- Proactive approach to Health and Safety, workplace organization and cleanliness.
- Mechanical qualification (B-tec, HNC or apprenticeship)
- Possess mechanical engineering skills
- Electrical engineering skills would be advantageous
- Basic Microsoft application skills required
- Experience of operating/maintaining machinery in a process manufacturing environment (Food/FMCG/Packaging)
- Run and maintain production lines in order to produce high quality products
- Experience with operating and maintaining extruders is ideal but not essential
- Experience of working in a team based environment
- Experience working in Food FMCG
- Demonstrate drive to build personal development
- SCADA systems skills is an advantage Interested? Click APPLY NOW or contact phil@morganRyder.co.uk on 0151 480 2300 when possible to discuss in more detail.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's