Temporary HR Officer
|Job Title:||Temporary HR Officer|
|Salary:||£28000 - £32000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Damian Mee|
|Job Published:||March 01, 2019 16:13|
Temporary HR Officer
Contract for 4 Weeks
37.5 per week (some evenings and weekends)
£28,000 to £32,000
Role and responsibilities
We are looking for a HR person to audit the HR Basics on a specific contract (based around the Merseyside Area) and to rectify the anomalies found. The scope of the audit will be agreed at the start of the assignment, the post-holder will present their findings and recommendations and then implement those actions.
The contract covers 12 depots across Merseyside and approximately 140 people. The information to be audited includes: -
- Adherence to Absence procedures
- Adherence to Disciplinary and Grievance procedures
- Recruitment process of Hourly paid staff
- Personnel Files - ensure all documentation is present and correct including employment contracts, right to work documents, policy acceptance, death in service etc
- Payroll - ensuring our payroll process is clear, understood and adhered to
We need someone who knows HR in a transport (or manufacturing) / hourly paid environment. They will need to quickly understand our policies and procedures and the nuances of the contract (from us taking over the contract a few years ago) as we may have some slight differences in terms and conditions from the standard.
- Ability to anticipate and communicate any issues
- Ability to be mobile around the 12 sites
- Ability to work flexible hours (some evenings and weekends to meet key people who work on shifts)
- Computer literacy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to understand HR policies and procedures quickly
- Understanding of Disciplinary and Grievance legislation
- Strong communication skills to both present information and influence people on site
- Willingness to look through high volume of data
- Attention to detail and process
- Ability to work independently and complete work ahead of deadline
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's