|Location:||Worsley, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||Up to £28000 per annum + EXCELLENT BENEFIT|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||September 24, 2018 17:11|
TOOLMAKER - GREATER MANCHESTER - TO £28,000 + EXCELLENT BENEFITS - DAYS
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Toolmaker to join a global Aerospace manufacturing company at their Manchester facility.
Working on days the Toolmaker will be responsible for the repair, maintenance and improvement to all tooling dies, jigs, fixtures, fittings for press tools in line with manufacturing and customer requirements to support the business.
The Tool Maker will be responsible for:
- Repair maintain and complete improvement to all tooling dies, jigs, fixtures, fittings for press tools in line with manufacturing and customer requirements to support the business.
- Support new tooling for new product introductions to ensure the robustness of product builds. Work under general supervision.
- Ensure that Company policy on Health and Safety is reflected in all actions
- To set up and operate a variety of conventional machine tools to produce precision parts.
- Machine parts to drawing and specifications using lathes, milling machines, grinders, drills and hand tools
- Repair and maintain tools
- Ensure all work is undertaken to a high-quality standard and adheres to all quality standard regulations
- Ensure company targets are met in respect of quality parts produced
- Support new project tooling from commissioning stages through to start of production
- Work within 5S (Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standardise, Sustain) methodology to maintain workplace to a high standard
- Be actively involved in improvement activities to support the achievement of departmental and company objectives
- Ensure all personal protective equipment is identified, always available, correctly used and all associated problems are reported to management
- Study drawings, samples or engineering information to determine methods and sequences of operations
- Quality of work, physical and written documentation
- Proactively seek ways to continually improve processes
- Undertake continuous training and development
- Time served Engineer/ Toll Maker (ideally HNC/HND)
- Good all-round mechanical fitting skills and experience
- Conversant in reading and application of mechanical drawing requirements
- Skilled and conversant in the use of hand and conventional machine tools
- Ability to interpret drawings and specifications
- To be able to diagnose a mechanical fault
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact and cost of poor quality
Interested? Click 'apply now' for your CV to go directly to the recruiter.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's