|Job Title:||Transport Coordinator|
|Salary:||£23500 per annum + PROGRESSION, SALARY REVIEW, PENSION,|
|Contact Name:||Jessica Jackson|
|Job Published:||October 18, 2016 17:22|
TRANSPORT CO-ORDINATOR (SHIFT PATTERN)
£23,500 + SALARY REVIEW AND PROGRESSION
TURNING IDEAS, INTO ACTIONS
If you have operational/transport management experience within; AMAZON, MARKS AND SPECNER, PETS AT HOME, WINCANTON, DPD, NEW LOOK, JLR, IFORCE, JOHN LEWIS, TESCO, ASDA + MORE, WE WANT YOU TO SEND YOUR CV!
Within the role of Transport Coordinator ideally you will have experience within transport, logistics or operations. In partnership with our prestige, household name client, we plan our routes and distribute orders to customers, across our beautiful country each day - come hail, rain or snow!
As Transport Coordinator you will ensure that each product reaches its destination in perfect condition, on time and to budget. Do you have experience working within transport, alongside diverse teams and working towards targets within a fast paced distribution environment?
You will be proactive, a strong communicator and have the ability to be able to build excellent working relationships within the department, liaising with our drivers while demonstrating a knowledge of; Technographs, Lotus notes and transport legislation. Must adopt a proactive, customer focused approach to the role ensuring that opportunities are identified and pursued whilst ensuring day to day excellence in the ongoing operation
Reporting into the Transport Manager, the role will involve;
- provide effective and efficient administration support to the operation.
- Be responsible for the effective control of Delivery Crews.
- Immediately escalating issues that are likely to affect the performance of the site or relationship with the customer in terms of our legislative and commercial obligations.
- Undertaking such additional duties as may be reasonably required for the role
- Must have experience of working within a transport environment.
- Knowledge of transport legislation is essential including knowledge of Tachographs and Knowledge of computerised driver management packages would be an advantage.
- Ability to work on own initiative, working to strict deadlines.
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes.
- A flexible team based approach.
- General awareness of health and safety.
- Must have the enthusiasm, stamina and commitment in order to meet the considered challenge of operating in this highly customer focused environment.
We truly believe that people are at the heart of our operation, while working on the most prestigious contract in 3PL we want people who engage and challenge the norm. Get involved in our culture and values to add even more exceptional talent to the biggest name in distribution.
Interested? Send your CV directly to the recruiter to join the biggest kept secret in logistics.
The successful Transport Coordinator will receive a great salary, plus pension, guaranteed progression plans and a salary review. You will also get the chance to work with an organisation that is renowned for investing in their employees.
To apply for this opportunity don't delay, interviews are taking place from next week. Please follow the 'apply now' link.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's