|Job Title:||Transport Planner|
|Salary:||£20000 - £25000 per annum + + first class benefits package|
|Contact Name:||Jessica Jackson|
|Job Published:||July 08, 2016 16:56|
£20,000 -£ 25000
An innovative leader in the logistics and transport industry are searching for their next transport planner, are you what they are looking for?
At this established and expanding specialist distribution centre for fast moving consumer there now is an exciting opportunity for an experienced transport planner to join the Management structure, as they further expand their operations. The site will add to one of the largest and growing logistics operations in the area.
Why should you join our business?
- Guaranteed career development for the right candidate
- Be part of a company with an outstanding reputation
- You will earn an attractive salary with great benefits
- Great working hours, with no weekend work.
- Pension, generous holiday allowance and maternity cover.
- To work closely with our customer to understand their volume requirements and build transport delivery schedules accordingly.
- Provide support for warehouse operational planning, including the creation of a pick and load schedule for the warehouse.
- Liaise with hauliers and shipping agents to ensure efficient collection/delivery of containers and to provide planning solutions for anticipated increased container activity. Tasks including scheduling container deliveries and resolving associated issues.
- To plan backhaul collections, create collection paperwork, co-ordinate collection routes and to investigate associated issues / problems
- Experience of Paragon planning is desirable
- Experience of transport and/or warehouse planning within a distribution environment is essential.
- A good understanding of road transport operations and UK geographical knowledge will be a benefit.
- High attention to detail and accurate analytical skills.
If you are an experienced transport planner, with a passion for logistics, we want to hear from you! Simply click the ''apply now'' button and send your CV directly to the recruiter.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's