|Job Title:||Transport Planner|
|Salary:||£25000 - £26000 per annum + holidays + pension|
|Contact Name:||Damian Mee|
|Job Published:||May 25, 2018 15:56|
Circa £25,000 dep on experience
23 days holiday plus company pension
Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm
My client has a vacancy for a Transport Planner who would be responsible for the day to day scheduling of the company's transport fleet.
Areas of Responsibility
- Daily planning of loads for the transport fleet comprising:
- 1 x Artic
- 2 x Rigid 18T / 26T
- 3 x 7T
- 2 x Sprinter vans
- Daily process to include:
- Confirming point of delivery
- Booking in with delivery point for the agreed delivery time
- Checking load weights to ensure adherence to Vehicle capacities
- Regular communication required with Production to ensure transport plan aligns with the current production position. Any production delays will need to be incorporated into the transport plan.
- The organisation of transport covers both Swanline Print and Swanline Paper & Board plus ad-hoc requirements from other Group companies.
- Regular communication required with Logistics supervisor to ensure communication of loads with drivers and adherence to driver's hours regulations.
Sourcing of external transport as and when required. Focus required to minimise cost of external transport.
Applicants should have:
- Some experience of the scheduling of transport in a commercial environment
- Knowledge of regulations surrounding driver's hours and the Working Time Directive
- Knowledge of VOSA obligations
- Some experience of commercial vehicle maintenance and repairs
- Commensurate with experience
- Company Pension Scheme
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's