Transport Team Manager
|Job Title:||Transport Team Manager|
|Salary:||£28000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jessica Jackson|
|Job Published:||June 21, 2016 16:15|
TRANSPORT TEAM MANAGER
4ON/4OFF SHIFT PATTERN
Go beyond logistics, make the world go round and revolutionise business.
At a premier distribution centre for fast moving consumer products based in the North West area, there is now an exciting opportunity for a Transport Team Manager to join the Management structure as they further expand their operations.
Typical responsibilities within the role of transport team manager will be to:-
- Report to Transport Section Manager
- To manage a fleet of drivers and transport support staff to ensure that the team work within company guidelines and in efficient and professional manager
- You will challenge poor, and promote good health and safety culture.
- Ensure that the department complies with Road Traffic Act legislation
- Manage and maintain all yard operations ensuring a team of load co-ordinators and shunters deliver and efficient and timely yard function.
This site focuses heavily on employee engagement and the successful Transport Team Manager will become part of a dedicated team whilst leading a team of professionals. This is your opportunity to take a leap into logistics!
The Transport Team Manager will be:
- Managing a team of essential
- Highly organised, with the ability to work to strict deadlines
- Confident and outgoing personality, with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Numerate with a sound financial mind.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, minimising poor opportunity for error
- Ability to prioritise
This is a demanding and challenging role, whilst being an exciting and interesting opportunity you will be proactive, a strong communicator and will be able to build excellent working relationships with the transport department to ensure the smooth flow of the vital department.
To apply for this opportunity don't delay, interviews are taking place NOW! Please follow the 'apply now' link.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's