UK Operations Director
|Job Title:||UK Operations Director|
|Location:||Liverpool, Merseyside, N. W. England, England|
|Salary:||£85000 - £95000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Ceri Willoughby|
|Job Published:||September 12, 2019 16:11|
UK Operations Director
Logistics background required
Employing over 35,000 people across the world at 800 locations in 150 countries, this logistics business literally offers a world of job opportunities to progress, change or move location you career, at any level within the group.
Following an internal promotion, there is now the requirement for a UK Central Operations Director. As part of an Executive Team of 6, you will report to the Divisional MD and will inherit a high-profile role within the group along with an established operational logistics department with a pipeline of projects to deliver.
You will be responsible for:
· A department of 50 including via your 4 direct reports covering; planning, transport, commercial, service and operations
· Full departmental leadership, coaching, mentoring, developing your managers to improve their own teams' capabilities
· Build and maintain strong relationships with both internal & external stakeholders
· Lead supplier negotiations to ensure enough availability of capacity to meet business needs
· Ensure all daily work is covered, exceptions reported, and solutions advised
· Maintain up to date knowledge on internal and external policies and procedures for operational compliance
· Report on intermodal logistics activity in line with internal requirements
· Work with internal customers to agree transport resource requirements
· Monitor operational performance to ensure that service and cost measures meet the agreed KPI's
· Develop carrier haulage networks to meet growth targets
· Ensure compliance with internal audit requirements
· Ensure records are maintained to the correct standard
· Support the Divisional MD in delivering strategic and operational initiatives
To be considered, you will need:
· Proven leadership in UK containerised transportation operations management
· Proven experience of management within an intermodal sales environment
· To possesses excellent level of transport / shipping knowledge, including current road legislation pertaining to the running of vehicles
· To be Customer Focussed/Service Orientated
· To have established UK based container Transport Industry contacts
· The ability to develop and maintain working relationships across all levels
· To be an excellent negotiator and be highly analytical
· To possesses relevant UK Transport Industry recognised qualifications
· Degree qualified or equivalent along with a CPC National Road Haulage Operations and ideally be a Member of Recognised Industry Institute (CILT or Equivalent)
Morgan Ryder Executive - Global Search for World Class Manufacturing & Engineering. After nearly two decades of activity, we have built a global network of over 6 million industry leaders within automotive, aerospace, FMCG, chemical, third party logistics, capital plant engineering.
Contact Ceri Willoughby, our Head of Operations, at Morgan Ryder Executive Search on 0044 (0)151 480 2300 or email Ceri@morganryder.co.uk for more information.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's