|Job Title:||Warehouse Supervisor|
|Salary:||£34000 - £35000 per annum + UP TO £3000 BONUS ANNUAL|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||May 23, 2018 15:29|
£34,200 + up to £3000 Bonus annually
Attractive Shift pattern including (days & nights, no weekends)
My client, a family name and a corporate group of global dimensions, is currently looking to recruit their next Warehouse Supervisor. With unique opportunity and a genuine mission to invest internally and promote from within their existing work force, this position has become available due to a recent promotion within the existing team to shift manager. Founded in over 80 years ago by 2 brothers, this business has made it a long term goal to ensure they maintain a 'family feel' approach to their long serving loyal employees, with an exceptional turnover rate of staff been one of the lowest in the UK, this business does not often come to market to source someone at a supervisory level, so this really is a unique and rare opportunity to get your foot in the door with an organisation that values progression in its purest form.
Manufacturers of various construction materials, trade supplier for some of the biggest names on the European market within the home improvements sector, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop their current skill set in an environment that offers unique guidance and reward, in a stable and secure position.
- Responsibility to all warehouse staff and operations and to fulfil Warehouse manager duties when required.
- Input of information for Performance Planning process and to drive and improve CI activities.
- To ensure compliance to H&S and environmental responsibilities.
- You will be responsible for accurate recording and reporting of data. (Primarily within SAP and other warehouse systems)
- Keep an overview of stock accuracy for finished goods.
- Liaise with operations, planning and CSD to ensure first class customer service.
- Ensure compliance to operating procedures and take an active role in standardizing and improving the operation.
- Manage staff holidays to ensure cover at all times and to manage and administer Agency Labor requirements
- Responsible for weekly and monthly stock takes and any other stock checks and audits are carried out on time.
- Coordinate information flow between manufacturing, other departments and wider business.
- Attend regular meetings under instruction from the warehouse manager providing data and information.
- Provide and create a positive customer experience for all internal and external customers on site in the warehouse.
- Take ownership of customer returns and issues within set parameters
- Ensure training, coaching and encouragement and support where needed in order to help others achieve their objectives and the development of a multi skilled team.
- Computer literacy including MS office programs (SAP desirable)
- Experience within warehouse and logistics operations
- Experience on people management.
- Ability to analyse data, present data and suggest improvements
- Forklift license (HGV trained desirable)
- IOSH managing safely trained (desirable)
This position would suit an experienced Wearhouse supervisor who has experience of man management and working towards deadlines, effectively, accurately and efficiently. A strong communicator is imperative with the ability to influence and make decisions. Capable of working under pressure on own initiative whilst using effective problem-solving skills.
Interested? Please click apply without delay.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's