Wastewater Service Engineering
|Job Title:||Wastewater Service Engineering|
|Salary:||Up to £30000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Harriet Crawford|
|Job Published:||January 21, 2020 11:26|
Waste water Service Engineer
TO £30,000 Per annum + Overtime
Field Based- Cambridgeshire
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Waste water Service Engineer to join a global leader within the industry. This is a field-based role covering Cambridgeshire.
The Service Engineer is a very responsible customer facing role and requires a great deal of communication and technical ability as well as a sound understanding of customer care and the systems operated by the company to perform the role. The Service Engineer is responsible for the safe and timely delivery of work allocated to them and reporting back as directed by company procedures that work has been completed satisfactorily and to the satisfaction of the customer and the company.
The Responsibilities of the Waste water Service Engineer will involve:
- Duties will vary according to the specific nature of work
- Obtain tasks using PDA software as provided and trained to use
- Report in line with procedures both verbally to the scheduling team
- Advise line manager and scheduling department immediately if you will have a problem getting to a job allocated to ensure customer is informed and advice why this event has occurred.
- Ensure customers are contact first thing with ETA and keep up to date of any delays.
- Carry out a visual risk assessment on each job as required and raise any concerns with line manager;
- Provide feedback on parts used in line with procedures to complete a task ensuring at all times parts are pre-paid when dealing with an end-user
- Carry out monthly stock takes on van stock or stock stored at lockups
- Carry out on-the-job training as directed by your line manager and partake in personal training courses as required
- Liaise with customer on site as required and keep them abreast of any issues/updates on their expectations and seek office involvement where additional unforeseen costs will require paid for
- Vans will be tracked for health & safety and customer verification purposes and you will be provided with a SATNAV system to ensure you take the most efficient routes between jobs.
- Report and carry out any other requests required of your line manager as may arise in the normal course of business
The Requirements of the Waste water Service Engineer are:
- Have at least 1 year electrical or mechanical engineering experience and be electrical competent.
- Physically fit to do the required job. A medical may be required
- IT literate especially on MS products and preferably in use of a PDA reporting system or service-based reporting package
- Proven ability to fault find in a range of demanding environments.
- Capable of working alone to a high standard
- Hold a Clean Driving Licence and undertake a driving licence check
- Have some experience working in a similar role/environment
- Great customer service and have good communication skills and be able to work under pressure.
- Experience in working in the sewerage treatment industry in a similar role
- Experience and understanding manufacturer's waste water product
- Possessing a track record of direct customer interaction
This is an exciting opportunity to join a global leader. Interviews are taking place immediately, click 'Apply' today!
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's