|Salary:||Up to £28500 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Harriet Crawford|
|Job Published:||10 days ago|
£28,500 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a number of commercial Welders to join a leading manufacturer at their site, based in Preston
Reporting into the production supervisor, the purpose of this role is to Assemble or fabricate pipe or plate welding projects using a variety of tools and equipment according to required specifications in a manufacturing organization. Installation of low-pressure steel gas pipes, hot water circuits, as well as cut and thread pipe for water and gas services. Assemble or install plantroom bases and structures and skid units including brackets for pipework
Main responsibilities of Welder include:
- Reading drawings and taking measurements to plan layout and procedures.
- Ensure that all activities comply with current legislation, Health & Safety Policies & Regulations, Building Regulations, Company ISO 9001 Management Systems, Company ISO 14001 Environmental Systems, CDM Regulations, Risk Assessments, Legislative Statutory Maintenance Inspections, Quality Plans and Departmental Operating Procedures.
- Determining the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements.
- Setting up components for welding according to specifications.
- Inspecting materials, maintaining tools, performing pre-welding preparations.
- Preparing working materials by clamping, cutting or threading.
- Examining completed welds to ensure they are free of defects, smooth and functional.
- Be able to work alone or as part of a team.
- Be able to work to strict deadlines when applicable.
- Have good communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and strong attention to detail.
Main requirements of Welder include:
- A time served skilled tradespeople, must be qualified to class 2 in welding as a minimum.
- Current AWS certificate.
- Experience in pipework and structures regarding plantrooms.
- Working knowledge of AWS, ANSI and ANSI codes and standards.
- Minimum GCSEs or equivalent in English, Maths.
- Must have experience of commercial plantrooms and equipment.
- Organisational, communication and interpersonal skills are a pre-requisite of this position.
- CSCS card required but not essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading manufacturer. To be considered, click 'APPLY' today. or send a copy of your CV to Harriet@Morganryder.co.uk
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.