|Job Title:||Workshop Supervisor|
|Salary:||£28000 - £31000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Harriet Crawford|
|Job Published:||December 07, 2018 15:13|
Up to £31,000 per annum
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Workshop Supervisor to join an established manufacturing company in Staffordshire.
The purpose of this role is to manage all personnel, products, customer, supplier yard movements in an efficient strategic manner as instructed by senior management.
Responsibilities of Yard Supervisor:
- Effectively manage, develop, organise and motivate the Yard Operatives
- Ensure all Yard Operatives are fully trained and competent in all tasks and responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Accurate stock management (regular counts/ minimise losses/ Batch management for orders) and to ensure rotation of stock is managed and controlled on an ongoing basis
- Adherence to HSE standards and safe systems of working whilst ensuring all Yard Operatives are also in compliance
- Ensure that Yard sinage and organisation of product are professionally and accurately displayed
- Overall responsibility for the maintenance of FLT's, ensuring that all Yard Operatives conduct pre-shift checks and complete the relevant documentation
- Effective waste management practices, ensuring waste control and segregation in compliance with company procedures
- Product Protection -Control & Management of the stacking & storing of product to minimise any damage
Requirements of a Yard Supervisor:
- Must have FLT counterbalance & Reach license
- Previous experience as a Yard Supervisor in a manufacturing/construction/building background
- Awareness of stock rotation, H&S, waste segregation requirements, environmental issues associated with type of role
- Strong people management skills
- Strong Time management & organisational skills
- Competent IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
'Apply Now' as Interviews will be taking place ASAP
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's