|Job Title:||Account Manager|
|Location:||Wigan, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||Up to £40000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Harriet Crawford|
|Job Published:||May 10, 2019 11:47|
To £40,000 per annum + Bonus + Car
Territory North West
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Account Manager to join a well-known packaging company at their site in Wigan.
Reporting into the Sales Manager, my client is looking for an enthusiastic, focused and driven Account Manager to join their External Sales team, keen to work with existing customers and importantly, seek new business opportunities in qualified market sectors that fit the business needs.
The sales area will cover Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Cheshire, Staffordshire and West Midlands.
The purpose of the role is to grow and develop existing accounts and identify new business opportunities. Using consultative selling skills, listening to what the customer wants, and building strong relationships with prospects and customers by understanding their requirements and identifying appropriate packaging solutions.
Selling from their plants in Wigan, Ellesmere Port and Telford, working closely with internal colleagues in sales, design, planning, production and logistics to ensure maximum operational efficiency and deliver the best possible customer service to meet and exceed your own and companies' sales targets.
Key Responsibilities for Account Manager:
- Permanently advise customers about new products, solutions and services.
- Personalised attention and visits to customers to find out what their needs are and provide solutions.
- Ongoing co-ordination with customer services to monitor orders, claims, planning of visits and contacts with customers, collection arrangements, etc.
- Propose sales forecasts and monitor them.
- Propose the account plans and stakeholder analysis for his/her customers and monitor them.
- Attend meetings, together with customer services, Sales Manager and other relevant members of the team
- Handling of orders (regular, new references or modifications).
- Maintain customer working platforms in line with business needs
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop best practise profitably
- Maintain and exceed sales targets
Key Requirements for Account Manager:
- A background in packaging or experience of selling into the FMCG or food and drinks sectors would be useful but not essential
- Previous experience of working in the Corrugated Industry would be an advantage
- Excellent relationship building skills
- The desire to generate new business through targeting and identifying specific market areas that complement and are aligned to the business strategy
- The ability to cross sell and provide business solutions to satisfy customer requirements
- Tenacious, positive 'can do 'attitude
- The ability to 'close a sale'
- A proven track record in achieving and exceeding sales targets
- Structured sales approach with the ability to work with a team and autonomously
- Highly motivated with a desire to succeed
- Numerate and commercially astute
- Organised and professional in attitude, conduct and appearance
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- PC Literate and competent in MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint
This is an exciting opportunity to a market leader - Click Apply Today!
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's