|Location:||Halifax, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£3200 - £35000 per annum + Excellent|
|Contact Name:||Emma Brighouse|
|Job Published:||January 29, 2019 12:13|
At this specialist engineered component manufacturer there is now an opportunity to recruit a Buyer to strengthen the purchasing team as they continue to develop new products for their expanding customer base.
With increasingly high demands, national growth and a continuous strive for quality excellence, this is a superb time to join this thriving business.
This is an exciting opportunity that offers excellent opportunities for development.
Reporting into the Purchasing Manager, Buyer responsibilities will be to: -
- Ensure that suppliers are performing to agreed quality, cost and delivery terms.
- Source new parts both in the UK and overseas.
- Negotiate tooling costs in line with the procurement budget.
- Assist with global procurement activity.
- Negotiate on price, delivery and service levels with suppliers.
- Develop relationships with internal and external customers.
- Manage projects such as 'special' part requirements from initial order to delivery.
- Negotiate cost downs in line with customer contracts.
- Benchmark regularly to ensure current suppliers remain competitive.
The successful Buyer will:
- Be a proactive buyer who is highly organised and able to develop strong relationships with suppliers.
- Have worked within a manufacturing environment and will be capable of identifying cost saving opportunities without being prompted.
- Be able to negotiate with senior level people.
- Identify cost saving opportunities.
- A salary up to £35,000
- Attendance and company performance bonus.
- 35 hour working week.
To apply for this opportunity, please follow the 'apply now' button to send your CV to Emma Brighouse at Morgan Ryder Associates.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's