|Location:||Greater Manchester, England|
|Salary:||£28000 - £30000 per annum + Pension|
|Contact Name:||Emma Brighouse|
|Job Published:||September 11, 2018 17:05|
Due to recent investment at this chemical processing facility in Greater Manchester the Plant Manager is looking to attract into this growing business a Buyer to maximise supplier potential and ensure the smooth supply of raw materials into production.
This opportunity provides an excellent opportunity for development.
Within the key role for the company key responsibilities will be to: -
- Control a procurement spend of £6m across raw materials, indirect services and packaging.
- Develop existing global suppliers to maximise cost down opportunities and increase supply efficiency.
- Identify market fluctuations and trading patterns that will affect materials pricing.
- Ensure that purchasing administration is correct and up to date.
- Ensure that min and max inventory is always maintained.
- Source new suppliers, negotiating favourable terms for the business.
- Work with global procurement teams re future projects.
- Expedite orders when required to ensure they deliver in order to satisfy customer demand.
The successful Buyer will: -
- Have gained their purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Have excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Be a confident self-starter.
- Enjoy improving supplier relationships.
- Be looking for development opportunities.
- A salary to £30,000.
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays, increasing by one extra day for every years-service to a maximum of 35.
- Fantastic chance to guide the direction of supply chain operations.
- Hours are Monday -Friday 9am to 5.30pm.
To apply for this role please follow the 'apply now' link to send your CV through to Emma Brighouse at Morgan Ryder Associates.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's