|Job Title:||Capex Buyer|
|Salary:||£50000 - £65000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Ceri Willoughby|
|Job Published:||March 15, 2021 11:55|
We have a fantastic opportunity within a European Manufacturing business for an experienced Capex Buyer based in Hong Kong to use their existing knowledge and experience within Asia to create, develop and manage an approved vendor base.
Applicants from outside of Hong Kong would be considered if they have a network of vendors based in Hong Kong (Machinery Vendors) and are willing to relocate to Hong Kong.
- To project lead and execute the Capex related sourcing initiatives - both long-term and short-term projects
- To work with and influence Heads of Departments across the Group to understand their business requirements and provide optimum purchasing Capex solutions with regards to specifications, service, quality, innovation, timescales and value
- To create, develop and manage an approved vendor base, continually monitoring performance and making any necessary changes as required
- Negotiate and agree terms and conditions for supply in collaboration with colleagues and partners across the Divisions and Group functions
- Monitor and report all relevant financial and non-financial benefits
- Closely work as a team with our EU based Capex based Buyers to ensure that solutions are fully compatible with site level needs
- To make recommendations on better practice to continuously improve Purchasing and non-Purchasing ways of working
- Have experience as a Capex Buyer based in Hong Kong
- Located in Hong Kong or willing to relocate to Hong Kong and happy to be based out of the Hong Kong office
- Be able to speak fluent English and Chinese
- Experience in global sourcing with an established Capex vendor network
- A proven track record of having successfully worked on Capex sourcing projects from Asian based machine manufacturers able to fully support European based companies with their technological requirements.
- Be able to manage multiple and complex projects, working in collaboration with cross-functional and multi-cultural teams
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's