|Job Title:||Category Manager|
|Salary:||£45000 - £55000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Emma Brighouse|
|Job Published:||June 27, 2017 16:30|
At this manufacturing giant based in Blackpool, there is now an immediate need for an experienced purchasing professional to join the team and develop sourcing strategies for allocated categories of spend.
A key focus of the role will be to deliver high quality value for money procurement techniques, using market insite to achieve results.
With the role of Category Manager, typical responsibilities will be to:-
- Implement procurement strategies to deliver targeted benefits and forecasted financial savings.
- Design and deliver against performance measures for supply, cost and quality.
- Manage key supplier relationships.
- Ensure purchase orders are complete and accurate, expediting overdue orders when necessary.
- Identify and implement cost saving opportunities.
- Produce regular reports for supplier performance.
- Work with sales and production to support supplier requirements for existing and new product introduction.
The successful Category Manager will:-
- Have experience of procurement and supply management processes including contract negotiation.
- Be able to proactively engage with business managers using effective and confident communication skills.
- Be commercially aware.
- Have gained their procurement experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Ideally be CIPS qualified.
- A salary to £55,000
- Six months fixed term contract.
- Realistic potential for contract extension.
To apply for the role please follow the 'apply now' button to send your CV to Emma Brighouse at Morgan Ryder Associates.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's