CDB and Safet Coordinator
|Job Title:||CDB and Safet Coordinator|
|Location:||Coventry, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£35000 - £37000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||March 28, 2019 17:00|
CDM and Safety Coordinator
Contract (12 months FTC)
My client is an established manufacturer (Tier 1) for various premium names in the automotive industry (Astin Martin, Porsche, Bentley) currently looking to fill a contract role for a minimum of 12 months to head up contractor H&S on their assembly/manufacturing site based in the Coventry area.
With exceptional standards of quality, health and safety, it will be the successors responsibility to ensure strict HSEQ compliance guidelines are adhered to on site by all contractors undertaking a work for the business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fully understand the clients and the customer's HSQE program, including Accident and near miss reporting and safety audits.
- Carry out the required behavioural safety audits.
- Attend the clients site safety meetings.
- Ensure timely HSQE updates are provided to the HSQE manager on HSQE performance using appropriate tracking and data systems.
- Set up audit schedules
- Monitor audit activities - reporting on and creating action plans
- Conduct frequent internal audits / Safety Observation Reports.
- Create audit reports and action plans and follow up on all action plans.
Health Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems Support
- Support and maintain documents and procedures within the Business manual.
- Assist HSQE manager in the review/update/implementation of procedures/policies/processes.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of the company's management system certifications (ISO standards, etc.).
- Support the HSQE manager with the clients reporting and other applicable requirements.
- Attend monthly HSQE meetings at Head Office.
Safety Systems Support
- Risk Assessment and Safe Working Methods
- Support site in the maintenance of suitable and sufficient risk assessments and safe working methods - create reports and action plans, follow up on all action plans.
- Accident/Incident reporting ensuring accurate and timely incident notification to the HSQE Manager.
- Collation of data for reporting purposes, review of accident/incident investigations.
- Supporting sites with investigations as required. Support the clients Supervisory Staff and Line Management in tracking and resolution of non-compliance at customer sites.
- Assist the business with the provision of in-house training for the following areas.
- Toolbox talks
- Any other safety training as required/identified
- NEBOSH National General Certificate or above
- CDM certificated training
- Working knowledge of country HSE Legislation
- Previous supervisory knowledge.
- Health and Safety process and guidelines (Safety systems support) 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management systems
- Quality systems - (ISO-9001)
- Environmental systems (ISO 14001)
Must have own vehicle and UK driving licence
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's