ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (WIREMAN)
|Job Title:||ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (WIREMAN)|
|Location:||Worsley, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||Up to £24377 per annum + EXCELLENT BENEFIT|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||September 24, 2018 16:52|
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (WIREMAN) - GREATER MANCHESTER - CIRCA £24,377 + BENEFITS - DAYS
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Toolmaker to join a global Aerospace manufacturing company at their Manchester facility.
Working on days the Electrical Engineer (Wireman) will assist with maintenance and the electrical installation on all mechanical assemblies within the plant or on customer sites according to customer requirements.
The role of the Electrical Engineer (Wireman) will include:
- To be responsible for the repair and manufacture of company products to the required quality standards using safe working practices.
- Wire assembly into printed circuit boards & frequency inverters.
- Panel wiring from schematic drawings, to perform basic assembly, such as preparing parts for assembly, manual insertion of components and configuring piece parts into the final assembly.
- Knowledge of verification and handling procedures of parts and components and the termination of power and data cables.
- To ensure correct completion of route card operations/history sheet documentation in line with company procedures
- Ensure company targets are met in respect of quality parts produced, and written documentation
- Work within 5S (Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standardise, Sustain) methodology to maintain workplace to a high standard
- To be pro-active & to actively seek ways to continually improve processes
- To perform duties as required by the business & in line with employees' skills matrix which also includes paint, polycoat, flow solder and all other processes used within the business for the manufacture of product
- Soldering, crimping, wiring looms, and assembly of small mechanical assemblies
- Qualified in an Electrical Apprenticeship or NVQ level 3 or alternatively a Time served Engineer/ Wireman (ideally HNC/HND)
- Experience in the assembly of a wide range of electrical & mechanical components.
- Experienced in the application and use of a wide variety of standard and bespoke tooling such as crimp tools, PACE rework stations, torque loading hand tools.
- To be competent in soldering, crimping, wiring looms, and assembly of small mechanical assemblies, to Company, Customer, National or International quality standards.
- Ability to interpret electrical and electronic drawings, specifications and component identification.
- Knowledge of verification and handling procedures of parts and components.
- Knowledge of the termination of power and data cables.
Interested? Click 'apply now' for CV to go directly to the recruiter
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's