|Job Title:||Group Commercial Director|
|Contact Name:||Janine Clark|
|Job Published:||14 days ago|
My Client designs, manufactures and distributes state of the art technology on a global basis. Trading for nearly a decade they are masters in what they do. With a strong presence in the UK and Europe, they are now looking for a Group Operations Director to take them to the next level.
As Group Commercial Director you will develop, manage and lead the Commercial team ensuring the capability to achieve ambitious growth in market share and in annual and long-term sales objectives of the company. The Group Commercial Director will be a Board member and responsible for defining and executing the company’s Commercial strategy in close cooperation with the Group Board and Leadership team, manage the segment P&L and lead direct reports in sales to guarantee the execution of the strategy in each region.
The Group Commercial Director will exploit ‘best-in-class’ sales thinking, planning processes and execution at P&L, strategic and operating levels. You will ensure all forecasted objectives are achieved.
- Exceeding sales order intake budgets across all subsidiaries
- Margin improvement by essential product management and value-added selling
- Initiate and coordinate development of action plans to penetrate new markets with new and existing products
- Develop a culture to move the sales organisation and sales concept to an entrepreneurial value-based selling the organisation
- Lead the regional teams, including ensuring the right people in the right roles, development of performance targets, monitoring performance and prioritising
- Secure long-term profitability by sustainable and trustful Customer Relationship Management
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions
- Build an analytical data-driven culture that differentiates between reporting and alerting, allowing the data to drive organisational performance
- Taking Responsibility for the sales you will develop strategies and execution plans for developing business and achieving the company´s sales goals in existing and emerging markets
- Continuously explore cross-selling opportunities, offering of value-added packaging along the value chain including aftersales
- Ensure that commercial and technical resources are used efficiently and for the right customers in order to maximise contribution margin and market share
- Provide timely, accurate, competitive pricing and service offers for all completed prospect applications submitted for approval, while striving to maintain a maximum profit margin
- Lead, mentor and develop the sales team, expand workforce as necessary, establish a team centred and collaborative management environment.
- Secure motivation and best performance by appropriate sales compensation and reward concepts
- Drive motivation and engagement by leading by example and enhancing selling and sales capabilities within the sales teams
- Ensure that communication between teams is effective and that a customer-focused culture is achieved
- Ensure that all activities and procedures within the team comply with company policies and business ethics