Head of Design & NPD
|Job Title:||Head of Design & NPD|
|Salary:||£65000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Christine Edwards|
|Job Published:||June 26, 2019 10:39|
HEAD OF DESIGN & NPD
EXCELLENT SALARY & PACKAGE
We are seeking to a hire a proactive and motivational NPD Manager to join a successful engineering company in Lancashire. The business is well known for the supply of high-performance products used in various industries including, Oil & Gas, Transmission & Distribution and Aerospace to name a few.
The Head of Design & NPD will be responsible for managing the activities of a small design team and will drive NPD projects using project management methodology.
- Plan and manage all departmental activities ensuring deliverables are met in line with KPI's
- Delivery of projects to agreed timescales using stage gate process
- Implement best fit NPD practices of DMEDI and 5 gate processes
- Act as technical lead for all mechanical design activity
- Monitor progress and produce monthly reports
- Implement CI initiatives to increase innovation
- Motivate and develop design team
- Contribute to design strategy and profitability of the organisation
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
- Experience gained in a manufacturing environment and good knowledge of engineering materials and their application; metals/plastics
- Significant knowledge/experience of NPD project management / stage gate process
- Strong people management and motivational skills
- Customer focused
- Flexible to travel overseas to visit customers/suppliers
A superb opportunity for a manager to develop a young team and truly put you own stamp on this department and make it successful.
APPLY now or contact Christine Edwards at Morgan Ryder Associates on 0151 480 2300 to discuss further.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
EC&I Design & Project Engineer
£35000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits
Mechanical Assembly Supervisor
£32000 - £36000 per annum + Benefits
Project Engineer - Electrical / HVAC / BMS
County Armagh, Northern Ireland
£50000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Pension + Healthcare Benefits
Sales Manager - USA West Coast
Up to £85000.00 per annum
£40000 - £45000 per annum