Head of Technical
|Job Title:||Head of Technical|
|Location:||North West England, England|
|Salary:||Up to £65000.00 per annum + benefits package|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||February 07, 2020 12:34|
Based Northwest Between Anglesey and Liverpool
Our client is an expanding multinational manufacturing, design and engineering business based across multiple sites in the Northwest and north Wales and other locations in Europe and Merseyside. The business operates with their own patent for transport and logistics solutions working with some of the biggest blue-chip brands globally on projects all over the UK and overseas.
Now looking for a committed, dynamic and forward-thinking Technical Manager ideally from a Mechanical design background to lead the companies technical engineering function.
This role will be spread across the company's sites, but predominantly will be spent between Anglesey and Liverpool. 60% Anglesey, 40% Liverpool with quarterly visits to Europe.
The role responsibilities include;
- Develop and maintain standard designs for products, to form a starting point for Sales and customisation while developing internal procedures and processes.
- Manage the preparation and maintenance of prime costs for standards.
- Develop and produce a monthly management technical report covering all key aspects of the department while developing, managing and maintain design data.
- Manage and control completion of Technical Files, Manuals and other documentation for all projects.
- Manage the design within the budget parameters of the contract.
- Cost to complete reviews for both design resources and overall project costs, co-ordinating with the Project Manager.
- Co-ordinate and manage regular design reviews, both internally and externally.
- Mentor, manage and train the technical department team.
- Manage the design aspects of the company's R & D program co-ordinating with operational capabilities and sales requirements.
- Lead (Technical) a cost reduction (Lean, Kaizen) programmed ensuring high standards of design, quality and integrity are maintained.
Those interested must posses the following to be considered;
- Experienced Technical Manager.
- Proficient in managing Design teams in design to Manufacture environments.
- Solid working knowledge of Mechanical Engineering principles.
- Managed Technical responsibility in a role with multi-site responsibilities.
- HND/HNC Minimum qualification.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Greater Manchester, England
Up to £50000 per annum
Oldham, Greater Manchester
Up to £50000.00 per annum
New Business Development Manager - Home Based
Birmingham, West Midlands
£35000 - £45000.00 per annum + Excellent!
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum