|Job Title:||HSE Officer|
|Location:||Middleton, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||Up to £27500.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||23 days ago|
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of Europe's leading manufacturers based in Middleton. The leading supplier of professional cleaning/hygiene products for Europe's largest and most successful retailers as well as producing own brand products.
The role purpose is to co-ordinate site activities and deputise for the EHS manager so that routine requirements of the Environmental and Health & Safety Management system are met.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Work in conjunction with and to deputise for the EHS manager as required so that routine requirements of the Health & Safety Environment Management system are met.
- Deliver site SHE objectives to meet site business plan and address significant site risks
- Investigate H&S issues following incidents or reports from other sites within the group.
- Work with individual departments to maintain suitable standard of accident investigations and risk assessments.
- Support line management in the operation of the site safety and environment management system and department meetings.
- Assist the production teams with the implementation of policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance and training to line managers and employees on health, safety and environment issues including induction training
- Drive completion of priority actions from accidents, incidents, audits, and risk assessments by ensuring up to date records and working closely with auctioneers and department managers.
- Manage SHE audits, Review and update procedures.
- Deliver Health & Safety training to staff.
- Provide support to achieve COMAH compliance.
- Raise awareness of environmental issues across the site through communications and
- Lead initiatives to reduce waste and water usage and increase recycling.
What will make you successful:
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment with a complex technical background.
- Experience of dealing with statutory bodies.
- Commitment to self-development and engages actively in improvement activities.
- Ability to communicate enthusiasm and awareness of EHS topics to site employees.
- Have driven and self-motivation.
- Ability to communicate with enthusiasm and awareness of EHS topics to site employees and management
- Good presentation and training skills Reviews, identifies and implements improvement opportunities.
In return you will receive
- 30 days holiday (including 5 BH) + 3 bank holidays at Christmas
- Private health scheme
- Up to 3 'Thank You' days (additional holidays) per year
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.