|Job Title:||Logistics Manager|
|Location:||Belfast, County Antrim|
|Salary:||£42000 - £45000 per annum + Excellent|
|Contact Name:||Emma Brighouse|
|Job Published:||May 25, 2018 09:44|
Within this newly created role for a global manufacturing giant, there is now an excellent opportunity for a logistics professional to join the team as their first Logistics Manager.
Due to major growth through acquisition, current logistics systems and processes are not aligned across the network and efficiencies are not being maximised. The Logistics Manager will focus on achieving consistency and improving communication across four sites in Ireland and the UK.
Reporting to the Operations Director, typical responsibilities within the role of Logistics Manager will be to: -
- Ensure that inbound, outbound materials and freight into sites are effectively managed, optimising lead times, backhaul operations and costs for the business.
- Work with procurement to ensure that solid partnerships with hauliers are built and the most effective terms are negotiated.
- Build strong communication channels with operations teams across the network.
- Create an effective inventory control system to allow visibility across all sites.
- Manage a budget in-excess of £3m for logistics operations.
The successful candidate will: -
- Have experience maximising efficiencies within a complex logistics environment in Ireland and the UK.
- Be based in Belfast, however will be comfortable travelling as needed to other sites in Ireland and the UK.
- Have experience negotiating large scale freight and haulage contracts.
- Be driven and keen to develop.
- Be able to motivate and mentor a team based in separate locations.
On offer: -
- A salary circa £45,000
- Bonus up to 15% of salary
- 33 days holiday
- Health Insurance
- Free car parking
- Childcare vouchers
- Bike to work scheme
To apply for this opportunity please follow the 'apply now' link to send your CV to Emma Brighouse at Morgan Ryder Associates.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's