MACHINE SHOP MANAGER MANAGER - AEROSPACE
|Job Title:||MACHINE SHOP MANAGER MANAGER - AEROSPACE|
|Salary:||£45000 - £50000 per annum + BENEFITS|
|Contact Name:||Christine Edwards|
|Job Published:||April 09, 2018 12:09|
MACHINE SHOP MANAGER
£45 - 50K + BENEFITS
Do you you have the skills and experience to manage a team in a busy, fast-make machining environment?
We have a brilliant opportunity for an experienced Machine Shop Manager / Production Manager to join a successful aerospace machining company in Nottingham.
The Machine Shop Manager will be responsible for all the production activities in a fast paced workshop where customer service is key.
- Lead, coach and mentor the team and resolve any issues that arise
- Ensure best practice for efficiency and output of production areas ensuring cell targets are met (Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery & Performance)
- Implement, update and maintain all metrics and KPI boards to maximise efficiencies and team performance
- Lead projects and ensure a smooth NPI process in line with customer requirements
- Ensure machines are fully utilised in accordance with production plans and arrange any necessary tooling/equipment
- Ensure high levels of Health and Safety standards are maintained and promoted
- Provide relevant training and development to the team and ensure high morale
- Manage overtime, holidays, recruitment, performance reviews, disciplinaries
- Provide support to the Operations Manager
The Ideal Candidate…
- Proven experience of supervising/leading/managing a team in a manufacturing engineering environment
- Experience gained in a CNC machining environment (aerospace preferred)
- Knowledge/experience working in a fast-make/speed shop environment - advantageous
- Good knowledge of modern manufacturing tools and techniques (6S, Lean Manufacturing, CI, RCA)
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Results orientated
- Continuous improvement mind-set
A superb opportunity to make your mark in a rapidly growing engineering company.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
MACHINE SHOP TECHNICAL MANAGER
£40000 - £60000 per annum + BENEFITS
Business Development Manager
Birmingham, West Midlands
£60000 - £70000 per annum
Quality and HSE Manager
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus
MAINTENANCE MANAGER - MANUFACTURING
West Yorkshire, England
£45000 - £50000 per annum + GREAT PACKAGE
PROJECT MANAGER - (ENGINEERING CAPEX)
Up to £40000 per annum