MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING MANAGER
|Job Title:||MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING MANAGER|
|Location:||Newtownards, County Down|
|Contact Name:||Christine Edwards|
|Job Published:||July 19, 2016 13:51|
MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING MANAGER
EXCELLENT SALARY & BENEFITS PACKAGE
"When you're part of Magellan, you're part of a team."
With significant growth projected in the aerospace industry over the next five years, the Magellan team is creating a vision of where we want our business to be in 2020. A part of this strategy is aligning our resources for future opportunities.
We offer exciting career opportunities in a variety of disciplines and we are recruiting within our Engineering department at Greyabbey, Northern Ireland.
We currently have a superb opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Engineering Manager to join our team at Greyabbey and lead the manufacturing engineering and maintenance teams to deliver business objectives.
- Define, implement and develop strategy within manufacturing engineering to improve processes in line with business objectives
- Drive changes in strategy to move away from a fast response, short batch business model to rate standard manufacturing
- Implement lean methodologies, collect and analyse data and identify areas for improvement to improve engineering standards
- Manage configuration control and NC programming activities
- Train, motivate and develop engineering team
- Qualified Engineer with proven experience of managing engineering teams within a precision engineering environment
- Good knowledge of machining processes for soft metals (5-axis milling preferred)
- Proven experience of implementing lean/CI initiatives to improve engineering processes
- Strong leadership skills
- Improvement mind-set
- Commercial and financial acumen
What we offer:
A day's role - 40 hour week
Excellent salary & package including a management bonus and pension scheme
A stable and secure role with a global business employing approximately 3,500 personnel over three continents.
Who are we?
Magellan Aerospace is a global, world-class enterprise that provides integrated products and services to the aerospace industry worldwide. We design, engineer and manufacture aeroengine and aerostructure assemblies and components for aerospace markets, advanced products for military and space markets, industrial power generation, and specialty products.
We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business. When you're part of Magellan, you're part of a team.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Interim Head of Manufacturing Engineering
Bangalore Rural , Karnataka
Manufacturing Engineer / NC Programmer
High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
£32000 - £36000 per annum + Benefits
£40000 - £43000 per annum + Overtime
Production Manager - Machining
£40000 - £42000 per annum + Benefits
SENIOR KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER / PROGRAMME MANAGER
£55000 - £60000 per annum + BENEFITS