|Job Title:||MATERIALS MANAGER|
|Salary:||£33000 - £38000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Natalie Sabatina-Fraiser|
|Job Published:||October 20, 2017 16:39|
MATERIALS MANAGER - CONSTRUCTION PRODUCTS
A superb opportunity to be part of something new.
This well-respected manufacturer of construction based products is expanding and they require a Materials Manager for their brand-new site in the Cambridge area. Reporting directly to the Site Manager but working closely with the European Sales Manager also.
The first 6 months of this role will be very project based whilst the operation is fully implemented. This really is an opportunity for you to implement new processes, new procedures, source new suppliers and manage the WMS.
In the role of Material Manager, your responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure the efficient and effective running of Supply Chain, Logistics, Goods In, Planning and Customer Service.
- Manage all onsite activity.
- Communicate with suppliers, building new relationships to ensure smooth flow of product.
- Deal with shipping and exports orders, ensuring that documents are correct.
- Manage the OTIF. Raise any issues and create resolutions to potential problems.
- Oversee raw materials, ensure stock levels are correct to maintain continuous production.
- Facilitate and lead production planning to ensure customer orders are met.
- Ensure the finance of the site is done so in a timely manner, manage any discrepancies and be cost effective.
- Maintain training records and identify any skills that need to be developed.
The successful Material Manager will:
- Be driven by continuous improvement.
- Have experience in implementing new processes and procedures.
- Be enthusiastic, confident and organised with a flexible approach to work.
- Be prepared to spend time in Europe for the first 6 months for training purposes.
- Have Supply Chain / Logistics / Planning experience from a manufacturing background.
- Have Management experience.
- Paying up to £38,000 plus bonus. Realistic 1st year OTE £43,000.
- 25 days holiday plus statortory days.
- Pension, private health care and life insurance.
To be part of this new adventure then just click 'apply now' to send your CV straight through to:
Morgan Ryder Associates
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£30000 - £35000 per annum
£35000 - £40000 per annum
South East England, England
£35000 - £40000 per annum
Process Development Engineering Manager
Area Sales Manager
Up to £40000 per annum