Mechanical Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Location:||Goole, East Riding of Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£30000 - £40000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||January 12, 2018 11:27|
Mechanical Design Engineer
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER - RAWCLIFF- URGENT REQUIREMENT - PERMANENT POSITION
A specialist Chemicals manufacturer based in the Rawcliff area is looking for a Mechanical Pipe Design Engineer on a permanent basis to join their already existing team of 4.
A global giant within the Chemicals industry, my client creates, manufactures and sells specialty chemicals that deliver exceptional benefits to a range of diverse industries.
Currently looking to replace a long serving member of the existing team due to retirement, it is imperative that any new starter could hit the ground running in this position, so previous experience of pipe design is essential.
Responsibilities of a Mechanical Design Engineer are as follows:
- Providing accurate piping isometrics and process plant equipment layout drawings from 2D arrangements or 3D modelling techniques from scanned data.
- Producing and amending the associated P&IDs and general assembly drawings representing plant installations using AutoCAD/Plant3D.
- Managing and taking ownership of small to medium sized projects, managing these from scratch through to installation stage.
- Modifications for improvement to current piping systems.
- Working collectively with internal engineers liaising with Mechanical fitter and assembly to ensure completion of work to required standards.
- To ensure the delivery of robust piping solutions to tight time scales.
- To survey existing plant equipment and pipe-work.
The position is suitable for a times served Mechanical Design Engineer who has significant experience in this field, ideally form the Chemicals process industry.
You will possess excellent communication skills with a keen eye for detail with the ability to plan and organise your workload independently whilst ensuring the upkeep of accurate record keeping.
You will have either completed an apprenticeship along with substantial experience or have completed a HND, also with experience.
Previous experience of using AutoCAD/Plant3D would be beneficial but not essential
H&S Qualification of any sort would also be an advantageous but again not a necessity.
If you are interested in this post or would simply like to learn more, please contact Sharon at Morgan Ryder Associates or alternatively click apply.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's