|Job Title:||Mechanical Pipefitter|
|Salary:||Up to £28500 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Harriet Crawford|
|Job Published:||29 days ago|
£28,500 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experience commercial Pipefitter to join a leading manufacturer at their site, based in Preston
Reporting into the production supervisor, the purpose of this role is to Assemble or fabricate pipe using a variety of tools and equipment according to required specifications in a manufacturing organisation. To be able to build and install packaged plant rooms and skid units in a factory setting or and as when required on client's sites. To be able to joint pipe materials i.e., solder, glue, thread and crimp. To be able to install pipework, brackets, and equipment to concise schematic drawings
Main responsibilities of Pipefitter include:
- Ensure that all activities comply with current legislation, Health & Safety Policies & Regulations, Building Regulations, Company ISO 9001 Management Systems, Company ISO 14001 Environmental Systems, CDM Regulations, Risk Assessments, Legislative Statutory Maintenance Inspections, Quality Plans and Departmental Operating Procedures.
- Reading detailed schematic drawings and planning pipe systems and related equipment installations.
- Measuring and marking pipes for cutting and threading.
- Assembling pipe components and systems.
- Securing pipes to walls and fixtures with brackets, clamps and welding equipment.
- Repairing and maintaining pipe systems, supports and related equipment.
- Performing strength and tightness tests on gas and water pipes complying with relevant codes and regulatory standards.
- How to correctly select and safely use hand tools, mechanical tools and equipment in differing environments for the fabrication, installation repair of pipework systems.
- Work with others and contribute to effective working relationships within an Engineering Construction environment.
- Apply techniques for the temporary or permanent removal of an engineering construction piping related system or component.
- Communicate by keeping others informed about workplans or activities which may affect them and seek assistance from others without it causing undue disruption to normal work activities.
Main requirements of Pipefitter include:
- A time served skilled mechanical pipefitter/heating engineer level 3 as a minimum.
- Minimum NVQ minimum level 2 in pipefitting
- Minimum GCSEs or equivalent in English, Maths
- Must have experience of commercial plantrooms and equipment.
- Must be capable of managing and prioritizing various mechanical projects and tasks, some of which may be outside their normal experience.
- Organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are a pre-requisite of this position.
- CSCS card required but not essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading manufactuerer. To be considered, click APPLY now, or send your CV to Harriet@Morganryder.co.uk
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.