Mechanical Repair Technician (Components)
|Job Title:||Mechanical Repair Technician (Components)|
|Salary:||Up to £33000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Harriet Crawford|
|Job Published:||October 24, 2019 09:36|
MECHANICAL REPAIR TECHNICIAN (COMPONENTS)
TO £33,000 per annum
Due to increased workload and rapid growth, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Repair Technician to join a leading manufacturer at their site in Cheltenham.
As an integral part of the Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul teams, responsible and accountable for the fault diagnosis and return to service of various mechanical products, ensuring that the finished product conforms to exacting quality and aerospace standards.
Key Responsibilities of Mechanical Repair Technician:
- Provide inspection and diagnostic fault finding of various mechanical products and final unit instruments.
- Assemble, test, calibrate and inspect various mechanical products and final unit instruments, using complex diagnostic tests and methodologies and high-level technical build.
- Undertake receipt inspection.
- Undertake analytical fault-finding to determine the root cause and corrective action of failed products.
- Identify and undertake required repair to return product to required standard.
- Effective use and maintenance of systems and records to ensure service standards are achieved always (i.e. use of ERP/MRP, Database and IT systems
- Effectively interpret and utilize assembly and engineering drawings and specifications.
- Efficient and correct use of test equipment and diagnostic tools.
- Ensure all assembly, test and repair functions are completed to the necessary quality standards - they meet contractual customer expectations and conformance to enable progression to final inspection and release.
- Required to work in production environment to undertake and support assembly and test functions as required from time to time to meet business needs.
- Maintain and develop skills to enable the provision of support to assembly / test functions.
- Working with key stakeholders at all levels, use and develop technical and business skills and knowledge to support new business and adoptions integration's.
- Enhance and learn new technical skills and maintain professional competence.
- Regular update and progress reporting to Line Manager and Management.
Key Requirements of Mechanical Repair Technician:
- Experienced in working at mechanical component level, using detailed engineering drawings and other technical records.
- Able to demonstrate understanding and application of the principles and theory of mechanics within the engineering function. (Clock & watchmaking or Barometric/Gyro experience desirable
- Qualification in mechanical engineering - equivalent to HNC level or time served.
- Numerate and Literate
- PC literate - competent in the use of MS Office applications and business IT systems. Experience of logging identified problems, root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Dexterity and attention to detail
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a growing team. Interviews are taking place immediately, click 'APPLY' today!
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's