|Job Title:||NPI Engineer|
|Salary:||£35000 - £42000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||March 13, 2019 09:42|
A specialist manufacture based in the Skelmersdale area is currently looking to expand their NPI Engineering team due to continued national and international success, offering a fantastic opportunity to an experienced NPI Engineer with hands on experience in a similar role developing turning precision parts for the automotive industry.
Operating some of the finest 'state-of-the-art' CNC robots, machine tools and handling equipment in the world, many with handling systems that have been purposely designed and manufactured in-house, its safe to say you would be exposure to a cutting-edge environment with development opportunities.
The responsibilities of the NPI Engineer:
- Design the production process to meet the customer specification (capability and TAKT) incorporating SMED and Poke Yoke devices as appropriate.
- Creation of stage / process drawings using AutoCAD and also checking / approving stage / process drawings.
- Define the capital, tooling, gauging and product cost.
- Programme and operation of CNC turning, and grinding machinery
- Capex creation, completion and presentation to the directors as required.
- Liaising with purchasing to ensure best possible price and lead times are obtained prior to ordering new equipment / tooling.
- Liaise with development line engineer to ensure samples are manufactured on time and to the required quality standards.
- Providing assistance to operations if required and approved by the Advanced Engineering Manager.
- Set up and lead APQP teams for NPI involving all necessary departments in line with AIAG guidelines.
- Design using AutoCAD, oversee or outsource design of tooling and gauging.
- Create and maintain project / production plans from customer order to production handover.
- Liaise and visit customers in UK and abroad to discuss design for manufacture and other design / specification related issues.
- Co-ordinate machine trials and confirm process capability.
- Process customer and internal ECN's for new products that have not been passed over to operations.
- Ensure that tool cards, standard operating procedures, setting instructions, etc are created for new products.
- Ensure that SAP records are created (routing, bill of materials etc).
- Create APQP documentation.
- Research and become familiar with new / innovative production processes / technologies.
Those with the following experience will be considered:
- Experienced Process Engineer from a high-volume precision manufacturing environment
- Exposure to the automotive industry
- Experienced in the NPI/NPD/process improvement of turning precision parts.
- Previous experience of stage drawing
- Fully conversant with AIAG core tools like APQP, FMEA and PPAP methodologies.
- A sound understanding of metal cutting machinery and manufacturing techniques
- Free to travel often at short notice both domestically and internationally
Interested? Click apply without delay
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's