|Job Title:||Parts Supervisor|
|Salary:||£23000 - £24000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||October 17, 2018 12:34|
£24,000 (£11.55ph, 40 hours)
Are you an exceptional Stores coordinator looking for a challenge in niche industry?
Do you have the drive and ambition to progress and are keen for your company to invest in your personal development? Do you have ideas your currently unable to implement that would improve process and lower spend, but feel unheard?
LOOK NO FURTHER!
My client, a global giant in the excavation industry, is currently looking to appoint a new Parts Supervisor to head up their stores department based in Slough.
With local depots around the country and a dedicated product support and service team, they are entirely focused on giving both the customer and their team the best journey possible, continuous improvement across the board as well as ensuring each team member receives the opportunity to progress and develop their skill set with investment into further education and vocational courses promised.
The role will report into the site manager and you will work closely along side the service manager with the business to ensure a smooth operational flow of both parts and service into the external domain, other responsibilities of a Parts Supervisor include:
- To co-ordinate both the stores and logistic activities within the depot, in order to support the parts, service and sales operation in maximising profitable sales and to build a professional, first class relationship with the customers.
- To supervise the stores and service operation of the depot and maximise efficiency and profitability in order to achieve targets.
- To liaise between customers and support services to provide exemplary customer service, respond and resolve any customer complaints or comments and advise the parts, service and sales divisions promptly.
- Planning and budgeting the operation of the depot and adhering to the plan and budget approved by the company.
- Approve and control the use of suppliers, negotiating delivery time frames (and cost on occasions), ensuring the efficient and accurate supply of parts to the customer base and engineers, package and distribution of these.
- Ensure commercial common sense is applied in respect of parts orders produced by the depot, work closely with the Depot Manager and Parts Manager to improve all logistic activities within the depot organisation (i.e. stock replenishment, dead stocks, perpetual stock checks and process customer service returns).
- To operate an efficient system for recording cash sale payments via cheque, cash or credit card, and resolve all invoice disputes within 14 days; adhering to the authorisation levels set and using commercial common sense.
- Deal with any Health and Safety or environmental issues at the depot relating to logistics or stores.
- Minimum HND/HNC in engineering or related subject or alternatively extensive experience in stores or an engineering environment.
- Must be willing to work every other saturday
- £24,000 (£11.55ph, 40 Hours)
- Over time
- Discounted health care
- 22 holidays + 8 statutory BH
Interested? Please click apply without delay, or alternatively contact Sharon McDonough at Morgan Ryder associates for more details.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's