Plant Quality Manager
|Job Title:||Plant Quality Manager|
|Contact Name:||Janine Clark|
|Job Published:||April 11, 2019 10:21|
My client is a world-class global manufacturer serving the rail and automotive industry. Due to recent growth, they are now looking to recruit a Plant Quality Manager to maintain the high-quality standards within their industry.
Primary Purpose(s) of Position
This highly motivated individual will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the Quality Management System in line with the business unit processes and requirements. Championship of customer quality issues and subsequent initiatives and actions is key to ensure the continued achievement of 3rd party and customer audit requirements and maintaining certification according to standards and specifications. You will be expected to support the planning and achievement of plant and business unit goals through a culture of continuous improvement and pro-active initiatives using appropriate tools (e.g. lean/six sigma methodologies) and the support of your 4 direct reports and their teams.
- Key external & internal customer contact on all plant related Q topics (APQP, PPAP, customer auditing, complaint management).
- Pro-actively engage with customers and other sites in the business unit with a view to improving relations and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain Management System certification for all Standards required for the business, including all specific customer requirements.
- Manage the day to day requirements of the quality department and personnel.
- Ensure effective Supplier Quality Assurance in cooperation with global purchasing and supplier quality departments.
- Metric planning (strategic and budget) in cooperation with plant management.
- Report quality metrics through the organization as required and ensure the timely input of data to the business unit and corporate systems is completed.
- Liaise with Purchasing, Engineering, Manufacturing and all functions to drive continuous Q-System and COPQ improvement activities across the site.
- Supervise effective internal audit system by reviewing external and internal findings and assisting in coordinating corrective actions.
- Plant product safety representative.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum education is BSc in Engineering preferably mechanical, electrical or chemical engineering.
- Min. 5 years management experience in Quality, Production or Manufacturing/Engineering in automotive with expertise in working in a global matrix environment.
- Knowledge & skills in managing Quality System and communication to Tier 1 & OEM automotive customers.
- Auditing (External/Internal) experience desirable.
- Involvement in complex, multi-task orientated projects.
- Experience of volume manufacturing environment of advantage.
- Experience in friction material of advantage.
- Leadership communication skills. Knowledge
- Six Sigma green belt and practical implementation knowledge on six sigma tools required; a lean expert/black belt of advantage.
- Experience and good knowledge of management systems (e.g. Toyota, FMOS).
- Thorough knowledge of automotive standards, e.g. IATF16949, VDA 6.3.
- Practical knowledge of automotive tools such as PPAP, APQP, MSA, SPC, Control Plans, PFMEA, Process Flows etc.
- A good understanding of AIAG and AITF requirements and practices.
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Good understanding and practice in using problem-solving tools.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
Please click "APPLY NOW" to submit your application or email your CV and covering letter in English displaying salary and benefits firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information contact me on 00 44 151 480 230.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's