|Job Title:||Process Engineer|
|Location:||Halifax, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£34000 - £37000 per annum + Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||March 21, 2018 17:09|
An opportunity working within a low volume, high quality manufacturing business operating in the automotive sector has recently arisen. With increasingly high demands, international growth and a continuous strived for quality excellence, my client can offer the chance to unite with an already existing team of highly skilled engineers.
Working on site for this globally recognised manufacturer based in Halifax, my client is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and conscientious Process Engineer to ensure that manufacturing processes are continually improved upon and to ensure a proactive approach to process standards, with view for consistent continuous improvement.
You will take a hands-on approach along with overall technical responsibility for the recommendation, installation, and the ongoing performance of the processes and machinery you have been given ownership of.
Process engineer will carry such responsibilities as follows:
- To lead process improvement projects including capital expenditure justification, equipment selection, project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Define and specify the necessary equipment, components and process to fulfil the requirement and optimise the tools, equipment and process parameters to delivers a stable and capable production process.
- Develop and facilitate the implementation of 7s, Poke Yoke, SMED and Lean manufacturing principles throughout the plant.
- Facilitate team working, empowerment and ownership order to promote continuous improvement and to facilitate problem solving, root cause analysis and permanent corrective action teams to optimise manufacturing equipment/process time.
- Lead Manufacturing engineering aspects of new product launches (MLP)
- Develop, implement, improve and control process and work instructions to standardise working procedures, define operator's instructions, packaging instructions, SPC requirements and training for new processes
- Document the process using the necessary systems (Plexus & Agile) as defined in NPI, APQP, PPAP - Customer and Company procedures and lead team in preparation of FMEA's, Process Flows and define Process Layouts.
- To be responsible for the research of new developments relating to process control for improved quality and cost effectiveness within the overall business.
- To be responsible for the day to day management of production engineering issues within production environment to improve the overall quality and cost effectiveness.
- Provide the link between manufacturing and project teams, ensuring detailed input into the quotation and MLP activities, supports design reviews and prototype build and lead the implementation of pre-production projects.
- Maintain the ongoing performance of all machinery within the production environment, proactively monitoring the machine efficiencies.
- To ensure that company procedures, systems and standards are maintained and followed and to provide support to the manufacturing systems throughout the life of the product.
- Conduct Internal and External Audits as and when required.
- Mechanical or engineering background
- Experience within production engineering and/or high-volume process related environment
- Experience in a Tier 1 automotive environment
- Experience of TS16949
- Experience of 8D
- Experience of AutoCAD
Those interested must click apply without delay!
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Birmingham, West Midlands
£30000 - £40000 per annum
MULTI-SKILLED MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
Stockport, Greater Manchester
Up to £43250 per annum + EXCELLENT BENEFITS
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Halifax, West Yorkshire
Up to £33800 per annum
Maintenance Engineer - Multi-Skilled
North Wales, Wales
£32000 - £35000 per annum + Great Benefits
GRADUATE SALES ENGINEER
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£35000 - £40000 per annum