|Job Title:||Production Planner|
|Salary:||£19000 - £26000 per annum + holidays + pension|
|Contact Name:||Damian Mee|
|Job Published:||May 25, 2018 15:45|
£19,000-25,000 dep on experience
23 days holiday plus company pension
Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm
My client, an established manufacturer in Staffordshire has a vacancy for a planner who would be responsible for the day to day scheduling of the Company's manufacturing machinery.
Principal areas of Responsibility
- Maintain schedule of jobs for each machine so as to:
- Ensure delivery of completed jobs on time
- Maximise machine running hours
- Take advantage of efficiencies between jobs
- Import of new jobs into planning system and allocation to machinery.
- Daily revisions to the manufacturing schedule to reflect changing circumstances and new priorities.
- Maintain long term plan with jobs allocated to likely production windows.
- Generation of capacity information including:
- Determination of whether new work can be accommodated a short notice
- Determination of lead-times
- Identification of capacity issues as new jobs are loaded.
- Maintain detailed view of status of components required for jobs to go live including:
- Prior conversion operations
- Liaison with suppliers to progress material and other deliveries required for production.
- Develop detailed knowledge of machinery to enable:
- Refinement of running data
- Utilise interchangeability of jobs between machines
- Identify problem jobs
- Liaison with transport department to provide details for daily load planning.
- The ideal candidate will:
Qualifications / Experience
- Have some experience of planning / scheduling
- Be capable of careful analysis and logical decision making
- Have good IT skills
- Commensurate with experience
- Company pension scheme
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's