|Job Title:||Production Shift Leader|
|Salary:||Up to £25000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Harriet Crawford|
|Job Published:||18 days ago|
PRODUCTION TEAM LEADER
£25,000 per annum + Shift allowance
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for experienced Production Team Leader to join the team at a manufacturing company at their site in Chesterfield.
The key objections of the Production Team Leader is to ensure that production operators are carrying out their allocated tasks properly and with the utmost regard for quality and health & safety;
To participate in the process of continuous improvement led by the Production Management Team.
The Role: The role of a Production Team Leader will involve:
- Ensure prompt start-up of shift production, with production operators allocated to jobs as determined by Senior Team Leader.
- Ensure that production operators understand their respective responsibilities and the requirements of the process being worked. including speciﬁc quality, sampling, health & safety and packaging requirements.
- Supervise break times and ensure they are staggered appropriately so that plant utilisation is maximised throughout the shift.
- Ensure that all clean-down processes are carried out strictly in accordance with clean down safety points and procedures.
- React to breakdowns and problems identiﬁed by production operators. Determine whether issue can be resolved (referring to Senior Team Leader during normal ofﬁce hours). Whether resolved or not, document the issue and outcome.
- Ensure that each plant's throughput is logged onto the production board at the end of each shift. Check that production throughput is within 10% of the standard rate for each (above or below). and discuss possible reasons with production operator if not for subsequent discussion with Senior Team Leader.
- Be responsible for the high level of cleanliness and tidiness throughout the workshop, rest room and kitchen area.
- Participate fully in weekly production meetings run by Senior Team Leader/Production Manager.
The Person: To be successful you must have all of the following:
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced, high pressured manufacturing environment
- Previous experience of managing a team
- Good work ethic
- knowledge of Health & Safety/ quality procedures
- Food/ Chemical/ Process or manufacturing background preferred.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business with opportunity for progression.
Interviews will be taking place over the next week, click 'APPLY' today!!
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.