Production Shift Manager
|Job Title:||Production Shift Manager|
|Location:||Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire|
|Salary:||£58000 - £58100 per annum + Bonus, Free Parking|
|Contact Name:||Phil Noon|
|Job Published:||March 14, 2018 09:16|
£58,000.00 (including shift allowance)
4 On 4 Off
My client a Global FMCG company are looking to recruit a Shift Manager with a background in leadership and continuous improvement to join them during a key stage in their site development.
Manufacturing products for global companies such as Coca-Cola my client is a world leader, currently undergoing conversion projects to allow for even more efficient production.
Known for their family orientated atmosphere, the working life here is one very much sought after. Always looking to be as flexible as they can to help their employees and maintaining a happy first name basis workforce, from senior to blue collar staff, this is the role many have been looking for.
The purpose of this role is to provide leadership and build a committed team which will maintain maximum safety and quality at all times. As well as this you will be well invested in as the Plant and Assistant Plant manager look to develop and coach you through to the next stages of your career.
The Shift Managers report directly to the Assistant Plant Manager but have reporting duties to all senior managers.
- Ensure the shift team meet targets
- Promote health & safety initiatives and maintain good housekeeping in accordance with company and legislative requirements
- To effectively communicate key performance targets within the team.
- Implement continuous improvement where necessary.
- Responsible for timely and accurate accident investigations
- Ensure adequate training, supervision and corrective feedback to the shift personnel for who they are responsible
- Develop shift personnel by performing appraisals and critical competencies review and identifying a succession plan and train/develop consistently.
- Apply the disciplinary and grievance procedure as per local agreement
- Ensure that any accidents, hazards, near misses or environmental incidents are captured and reported.
- A manufacturing background in a high speed, high volume continuous process
- Problem solving / total quality skills
- Analytical skills to interpret numerical data
- Good understanding of modern lean manufacture techniques - SMED, Kaizen 5S,
- A management style heavily orientated to training and coaching
- Good computer skills - ability to manage via computerised data
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety work practices
If you are ready to join a global company with all of the support and opportunity you can ask for the click "APPLY NOW" or contact email@example.com on 0151 480 2300
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£35000 - £40000 per annum + ATTRACTIVE PACKAGE
£35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus, Bupa, Life Insurance, Flexi-time
£38000 - £45000 per annum + GREAT PACKAGE
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Business Development Manager
Birmingham, West Midlands