|Job Title:||Production Team Manager|
|Location:||Middleton, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||Up to £42000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Harriet Crawford|
|Job Published:||14 days ago|
PRODUCTION TEAM MANAGER
£42,140.40 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for experienced Production Team Manager to join a leading manufacturing company at their site in Middleton.
The purpose of the Production Team Manager is to manage and direct the activities of a group of Senior Operators and operators to achieve and exceed planned safety, quality and output targets for the assigned shift.
The Responsibilities of the Production Team Manager will involve:
- Ensuring that routine quality and safety inspections are correctly carried out.
- Maintain the effective operation of the assigned production area.
- Manage the Senior Operators to ensure:-
- corrective actions from audits are made and maintained.
- product and size changeovers are made in accordance with agreed target times.
- maintenance checks are made and maintenance activity carried out where appropriate.
- departmental hygiene and line cleanliness standards are maintained at all times.
- Prepare for and conduct shift handovers with other Team Managers.
- In conjunction with colleagues and the Manufacturing Manager, produce and implement plans and strategies to maintain and improve:-
- Quality levels for the assigned lines.
- Safety standards and results for the assigned lines.
- Manage the motivation and development of the assigned staff, including appraisal of Senior Operators. Carry out disciplinary procedures, in accordance with company procedures.
- As part of the continuous improvement process, review and identify improvement opportunities, recommending solutions to Manufacturing Manager.
- Work with all departments to achieve and maintain customer accreditation, ISO, and other standards as identified in the Site Strategic plan.
- Manage the Senior Operators to achieve improvements to line performance including by participation in improvement teams as required.
- Manage line supply and ancillary staff to achieve optimum area performance.
- Carry out accident investigations
The Requirements of the Production Team Manager are:
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Previous experience of managing a team
- Good work ethic
- knowledge of Health & Safety/ quality procedures
- Food/ Chemical/ Process/ FMCG or manufacturing background preferred.
- Lean Manufacturing skills
- Commercial awareness
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business with opportunity for structured career progression.
Interviews will be taking place over the next week, click 'APPLY' today!!
PLEASE NOTE OUR OFFICES ARE NOW CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
IF YOU NEED TO CONTACT US, PLEASE DO SO VIA EMAIL.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE OFFICE
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.