|Job Title:||Purchasing Manager|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||Up to £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Emma Brighouse|
|Job Published:||14 days ago|
Due to significant business growth, there is now a fantastic opportunity for an experienced purchasing professional to join the team at this food manufacturing site in Manchester. With a strong portfolio of products and an extensive customer base, this company is continuing to increase their turnover and need to ensure their purchasing function can support this growth.
A key focus of the role will be to develop a purchasing strategy that ensures the business can react to customer needs and stays ahead of market fluctuations and prices.
Within the role of Purchasing Manager, responsibilities will be to:-
- Manage a spend of £5m across direct and indirect materials.
- Ensure that strong relationships are built with their global suppliers.
- Source new suppliers and negotiate favourable terms.
- Manage commodity prices.
- Ensure supplier capacity as volumes increase.
- Mange risks and opportunities within the supply chain.
- Identify cost saving opportunities and manage through to implementation.
- Develop procurement KPI's such as price variance reporting.
The successful candidate will have:-
- Experience working within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Experience of commodity purchasing.
- Excellent communication and IT skills.
- Experience ideally within the food industry.
- A salary circa £55,000
- Bous to 20%
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company laptop and phone
- Healthcare scheme
To apply for this opportunity, please follow the 'apply now' button to send your CV through to Emma Brighouse at Morgan Ryder Associates.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.