|Job Title:||Purchasing Manager|
|Location:||Stockport, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£45000 - £60000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Emma Brighouse|
|Job Published:||January 25, 2018 12:16|
Are you ready for your next purchasing challenge?
At this market leading retailer, who enjoy a £150m turnover and is continuing to grow, additional sourcing support is needed within their purchasing team.
The Buying Director is looking to strengthen the team by brining in an experienced purchasing professional who's main focus will be to source new suppliers for the business.
Within this high profile role, typical responsibilities will be to:-
- Achieve buying, commercial and financial objectives in line with budget.
- Take responsibility for the development of both new and current supplier relationships.
- Engage the team with training, development and performance reviews.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to maximise opportunities within purchasing.
- Influence the strategic direction of the product range.
- Drive understanding and improve business performance through data analysis.
- Effectively direct and manage all aspects of the buying supply chain.
- Look to rationalise the existing supplier base.
The successful candidate will:-
- Have extensive sourcing experience, ideally including working with the Far East.
- Have experience managing, developing and mentoring a team of buyers.
- Be a strong negotiator who can ensure long term contracts are developed.
- Ensure best price, delivery and quality standards are achieved.
- Be able to lead by example and promote best practice.
On offer to the Purchasing Manager will be:-
- A salary up to £60,000
- Car allowance of £5,700
- 26 days holiday plus stats.
- Pension scheme
To apply for this opportunity please follow the 'apply now' link to send your CV through to Emma Brighouse at Morgan Ryder Associates.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
TECHNICAL SALES MANAGER
Up to £40000 per annum
Sales Office Manager
Up to £30000 per annum
Mechanical Engineering Manager / Technical Authority
£65000 - £75000 per annum + Superb Package
Regional HR Advisor
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits
INTERNAL SALES ENGINEER
£30000 - £40000 per annum