|Job Title:||Quality Manager|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||November 26, 2019 15:02|
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity with endless growth opportunities and the chance to gain exposure to international quality platforms, then I believe this to be the right opportunity for you!
A global solution for the Aerospace industry, my client, a Tier 1 giant within aerospace machine manufacturing and assemblies is currently looking to recruit a Quality Manager for their site in Basildon.
Currently acting as service and supply for many leading Aerospace OEMs, it's the height of importance for my client to stay ahead of the game and ensure quality standards are upheld and maintained to the best standard possible.
The responsibilities of a Quality Manager are as follows:
- To lead site quality function to support business development and growth,
- Promote an ethos of quality throughout the company.
- Establish and implement quality systems and procedures in line with the requirements of the Company Quality Policy.
- Ensure the business has effective processes and controls in place.
- Ensure effective feedback loops to the shop floor for internal and external quality concerns.
- deployment of robust problem-solving methodologies.
- Deploy lean tools in a transactional environment to bring about quality and process improvement and the implementation of sustainable fixes through a structured methodology.
- Deliver sustained performance against stretching KPIs and maintain effective lines of communication with production.
- Ensure that the Company Quality Policy is implemented, maintained and improved where appropriate.
- Review specific quality activities (i.e. audit processes, approvals processes, etc.) and identify areas for improvement, as part of a culture of continuous improvement within the business functions.
- Liaise with manufacturing and quality function to provide support for problem resolution as required, escalating any major areas of non-conformance, which cannot be resolved locally.
- To generate visual business metrics, which enables business performance to be tracked on a regular basis and targets, achieved.
- Support, develop and improve the relationship with our quality contacts within customer base.
- To work within cross functional teams to support business development, growth and improvement projects as required
- To support, develop, maintain and improve the company's quality management system and conduct internal audits against the system
- To manage and develop the members of the Operations and Production team to ensure the appropriate level of skills and knowledge exist to support the ongoing requirements of the business;
The Quality Manager will possess the following:
- Qualified Engineer with direct exposure in a NADCAP environment
- Previous Internal auditing experience
- Experience in lean tools such as 8D, Kaizen (Continues Improvement) process
- Experience in customer facing for quality related products / issues
- Chemical and special processes knowledge
- Aerospace manufacturing background ideally specific NADCAP experience
- New Product Introduction & associated tools FMEA, APQP + PPAP Awareness
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Regional Account Manager - North West
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Up to £40000.00 per annum
Sales Manager - USA West Coast
Up to £85000.00 per annum
Senior HR Advisor / Business Partner
£35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits
Maintenance Technician - Machining
£14 - £15 per hour + Overtime + Pension