Quality Systems Engineer
|Job Title:||Quality Systems Engineer|
|Location:||Coventry, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£32000 - £35000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||March 20, 2019 17:28|
Quality Systems Engineer
Permanent - Coventry - Automotive
As part of a global operational innovation programme, we require a Quality Systems Engineer.
The role will support the Quality function on my client's base in Coventry.
The role requires systems knowledge and experience in order to work closely with members of other
departments to ensure the Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety systems are maintained and
updated on in a timely manner, so as to ensure that my clients site compliance meets its customer's, internal and
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and keep updated all documentation and records of current Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental (company) management systems documentation.
- Seek continuous improvement with a view to integrate the company systems.
- Prepare and carry out internal training sessions related to the company systems.
- Prepare and run internal meetings with the relevant areas to address issues related to the company systems.
- Prepare and run internal and external meetings in relation to the company systems. This including the external audits and the management review meetings.
- Perform system audits, both internally and externally, including suppliers if necessary.
- Contact customers and suppliers in relation to matters related to the company systems, including the waste management suppliers and external consultants.
- Update and maintain Quality department KPI's. Deploy them across the company.
- Provide regular reports and support the management team in matters related to the company systems.
- Maintain the company standards register.
- Manage the internal audit schedule as well as track eventual non-conformities to completion.
- Maintain the waste carrier's legal documentation and update relevant records.
- Create new and maintain existing procedures, instructions, forms (documentation).
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of all relevant paperwork.
- Quality Systems Engineering (ISO/TS16949 / IATF16949 / ISO9001) experience within an automotive or precision manufacturing environment.
- Environmental Systems (ISO14001) experience within an automotive or precision manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge in Health & Safety management systems.
- Certified Lead Quality Auditor for 1st and 2nd parties
- Able to combine determination and resolve with diplomacy and tact to influence peers and non-reports to achieve desired outcomes.
- Understanding and application of problem-solving techniques (8D or similar)
- Able to flowchart processes, conduct process improvement analysis.
- High level computer literate, MS Office daily.
- High level of self-organisation, capable to influence others by example.
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations to a wider group.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Full Clean driving Licence
- Excellent management skills, being able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, to build relationships at all levels and be self-motivating to complete a task from start to finish
- An ability to produce professional documents using Microsoft Office Packages (Inc. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- £35,000 basic salary
- Company pension
- Life Assurance
- 25 days plus BH & service days
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's