Quantity Surveyor - Bathgate
|Job Title:||Quantity Surveyor - Bathgate|
|Location:||Bathgate, West Lothian|
|Salary:||£35000 - £45000 per annum + CAR|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||May 21, 2019 11:57|
£35,000 - 45,000 + car
Are you an experienced Quantity Surveyor looking for your next challenge with an established organisation offering progression, development and long-term career security? Are you a self-starter with strong communication skills willing to go the extra mile to satisfy clients, managing budgetary requirements thoroughly and ensuring target delivery is paramount?
My client, a construction and engineering specialist is looking for an experienced Quantity surveyor to join an existing team.
- Responsible for the management of a Framework contract that projects are procured and delivered within budget and to the highest quality whilst meeting customers' expectations.
- To manage the contract commercial team and direct the operational team in all commercial processes to ensure that projects are procured and delivered within budget and we achieve the department turnover targets and associated profit.
- Support the operational team in the commercial processes to ensure achievement of turnover and profit targets, profitable contracts and sound cash flow performance
- Drive best value from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Drive customer satisfaction with minimum debtors
- Provide assistance to junior staff and advice to the team on all contractual, financial and commercial activities on specified projects.
- Maintain commercial control ensuring close administration of accounts and reporting to the Commercial Manager on all significant debtors.
- Price and effectively agree project variations.
- Uptake on ideas and solutions included within projects resulting in a benefit to the project.
- To ensure compliance with delegated authority levels at all times
- Understand and manage the relationship between cost and programme, being able to forecast the expenditure of all project costs and manage the cash income position.
- To provide effective commercial and contractual support to operations on a number of projects in accordance with company procedures.
- Prepare weekly applications and WIP reports for the Client and Commercial Manager.
- Maintain sub-contractor accounts and advising the project team with up to date financial information.
- Ensure timely submission and agreement of applications, cost plans, variation details, claims and other documentation.
- Manage a programme that details WIP conversion and cash collection.
- Prepare and monitor project cash flow forecasts.
- Manage and produce accurate formal reports in accordance with business timetable.
- Agree subcontract package split with Contract Manager and prepare a subcontractor appointment schedule.
- Arrange and hold pre-order meetings with all prospective subcontractors.
- Ensure a copy of all subcontract orders are provided to the site management team.
- Place subcontract orders.
- Receive and value variations, update and maintain a variation schedule.
- Receive Subcontractor payment applications, analyse and agree including work complete, materials on/off site, loss and expense, variations, and contra charges from non-conformances.
- Valuation of the subcontract works and the issuing of the payment notices and pay less notices.
- Prepare weekly/monthly Cost/Value Reconciliation (CVR).
- Agree subcontract final accounts.
- Prepare, submit & agree external Final Account.
- Issuing of contractual notices to clients and the preparation and substantiation of contractual claims.
To be considered, you must possess the following;
- Previous experience in similar role and industry would be ideal but not essential
- Degree level educated in quantity or building surveying or a construction-related subject, ideal but not essential
- This role will require a hands-on approach, a strong communicator, a self-starter who is willing to go the extra mile to achieve.
Those interested must click apply or alternatively, if you are Immediately available and are willing to take on short term contract work until this role has been filled on a perm basis, we would ask you to forward your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter including the following;
- Your daily rate
- Date available from
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's