|Job Title:||R&D Technician|
|Salary:||Up to £30000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||June 14, 2021 13:30|
R&D Technician - Downstream Processing
My client, a unique manufacturing organisation based in the heart of Knowsley is seeking a full-time R&D Technician for their Downstream Process to work on generating data required for product release and working on projects aimed toward process and product development.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct research and interface with production staff to improve existing processes to recover microbial oil.
- Coordinate sampling and sample analysis to generate downstream process data for guiding process improvements.
- Compile production control system data for analysis.
- Conduct assessment of new process and new product technology transfers.
- Work with fermentation scientists to develop and improve NIR models for in processing monitoring and control of fermentation metabolites.
- Compile primary method data used for calibration of NIR models.
- Perform classical and instrumental analysis of oil and biomass.
- Collect detailed experimental data, analyze, interpret, and report results to the team.
- Prepare written technical reports to communicate results.
- Support general laboratory activities, including cleaning and maintaining labware and equipment, and maintaining a safe and tidy work environment.
- Perform other laboratory tasks as assigned.
- Expected to work occasionally in the evening and weekend due to the nature of biological experiments.
- Must have solid exposure to analytical chemistry in a research setting.
- Degree in Chemistry.
- Experience in the extraction of naturally occurring organisms (cell harvesting, cell disruption and oil extraction technologies are all very highly advantageous).
- Experience in chromatographic techniques, such as LC and GC, and classical wet chemistry methods is required.
- Understanding of basic microbiology, and experience in oil chemistry is desirable.
Those interested MUST forward thier CV and covering letter to Sharon@morganryder.co.uk including your availiblty for interview
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's