Repro / Originations Operator
|Job Title:||Repro / Originations Operator|
|Salary:||£24000 - £28000 per annum + INCLUDING SHIFT ALLOWANCE|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||January 11, 2019 15:53|
Repro / Originations Operator
£28,000 (Including shift allowance)
Shifts Monday - Friday only (Alternate 5.30am - 1pm / 1pm - 8.30pm)
An extremely unique and interesting opportunity has come to light with our client based in the Bourne area.
Currently operating over 22 sites in the UK, a market leader in the packaging, supplying into multiple industries, there is an established need for a Repro / Originations Operator to embark on a clearly progressive opportunity with a business that offers a wealth of support and an obvious willing to invest.
This is a rare occasion that this company has opened its doors to the UK market with preference to develop from within the business normally, they are looking for fresh ideas, a unique approach and an undeniable tenacious attitude.
Successful in providing an environment where all employees can grow and thrive, my client values teamwork and recognises that the success of their business depends upon the skills, commitment, and loyalty of their people so are sure to return the favour 10-fold, always striving to offer a working environment where these attributes are rewarded.
The responsibility of a Repro/Originations Operator
- To take customer supplied design or artwork files and process to production ready files for plate production including Reprographic artwork manipulation in appropriate software programmes, colour management and stepping files
- To complete all quality checks in accordance with customer specifications and site best practice procedures and ensure all departmental procedures are followed
- Proofing of artworks for customer approvals
- Control of internal records (Document Control) and to complete all relevant documentation in accordance with ISO9001, PS9000, ISO14001, BRC and in line with customer specifications, company procedure and best practice
- Maximise efficiency of artwork process and support profitable growth of customer accounts
- Working closely with all internal departments
- Interact with customers as required
- To abide by data protection regulations
- To attend meetings including customer visits where appropriate
- Lead & participate in improvement projects
- To ensure the work areas within the Origination Department remain tidy and adhere to Health and Safety policies and procedures
- To be a willing and flexible team member ready to take on new and expanding tasks as appropriate
- Any other reasonable request
- To remain flexible at all times and provide assistance to any area within the Originations department.
The requirements of a Repro/Originations Operator
- Relevant experience in a similar role using Esko software and familiar with artwork manipulation techniques ideally within the Print & Packaging Industry
- Understands the principles of ISO9001, PS9000, ISO14001, BRC and related procedures
- Understand the principles of colour reproduction and evaluation of design/artwork instructions
- Good verbal and written presentation/communication skills
- A methodical approach with the ability to plan and co-ordinate priorities and work under pressure
- IT Literate in use of Microsoft Office
- Business and commercial awareness
- Demonstrable experience of working to high quality standards
- Demonstrable evidence of information handling ability and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel & some flexibility in working hours
Interested? click apply without delay
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's