SENIOR MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
|Job Title:||SENIOR MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER|
|Location:||North Wales, Wales|
|Salary:||£44000 per annum + Additional Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Sallyanne Heaton|
|Job Published:||October 05, 2017 10:05|
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Working with one of the North West's most varied and exciting engineering solution providers, our client is seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to work closely with the Design Manager and the team on upcoming projects.
Due to their continued growth and successes, they require a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to take on a customer facing role encompassing Design process from Customer/site visit, establishing brief, concept/proposal (to quote and obtain order against), system design and supplier liaison as required, full detailing including calculations and FEA if warranted, materials/coatings/treatments selection, manufacturing drawings, manufacturing support and in some cases commissioning.
You will have exposure to a range of sectors from Food, Rail, FMCG, Print/Packaging, Automotive and Medical.
Ideally, do apply for this role you must:
- Be a competent & experienced SolidWorks user or other 3D CAD package if willing to pick up SW quickly.
- Have solid modelling, sheet metal, weldments, assembly, drawing & Simulation (FEA) experience & Surface modelling and motion studies would be a plus
- Strong knowledge/experience of:
- Machined components
- Manufacturing processes
- Geometric & dimensional tolerancing, tolerance stack analysis
- Pneumatic & Hydraulic systems and componentry
- Drives, motors, gearboxes
- Hand calculations and FEA
- Design for Assembly
- Customer interaction; understanding requirements, managing expectations and inspiring confidence
- Capturing design briefs/scopes of work
- Composing technical documents
- Core (proven) skills:
- Problem solving
- Communication & presentation
- Sound mechanical engineering principals
- Hand drawing/sketching for record of information on site visits and as part of concept/design/development process
If you're looking to take on a role which will add to your portfolio of projects, give you great exposure to a variety of sectors & projects, then this is the role for you.
Location: North Wales
Salary: Up to £44,000 doe
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's