Senior Quality Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Quality Engineer|
|Salary:||£55000 - £60000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||February 15, 2018 11:13|
Senior Quality Engineer
Are you a Lead or Senior Quality Engineer looking to step into a career option with more responsibility, more chance of progression, in a multidiscipline industry?
A unique challenge has come to light recently with a growing organisation based in the Preston area.
Supplying into numerous industries, my client, a multidiscipline international organisation and leading provider of innovate solutions and products into customers across the globe is looking to appoint a Senior Quality Engineer to take on responsibility of their manufacturing operation as well as assuring the accreditation to the numerous certifications required on site.
The position would be the most senior Quality professional on site at present with 3 lab technicians reporting into the post.
With plans already in place to recruit a further Quality Engineer later this year, who will also be a direct report of this position, its clear Quality in now becoming a key focus of the business moving forward.
Senior Quality Engineer carries the following responsibilities:
- The development, maintenance and improvement of quality and quality system in accordance with the requirements of ISO, FDA and QSR and implementing improvements as needed.
- To become the ambassador of Quality standards across the business and to facilitate the change over from ISO:2003 to ISO:2016
- To participate on cross-functional NPD teams with focus on the execution of quality plans.
- Develop and implement statistically valid sampling plans, designed experiments, capability studies, SPC and trend analysis.
- Initiate process and product corrective actions and problem-solving activities.
- Review collected data to perform statistical analysis and recommend process or product changes to improve quality.
- Report on the performance of the quality system and to participate in strategic planning and audits of internal and supplier quality systems.
- Instruct other employees in quality principles, effective corrective actions, and valid statistical techniques, instigating a culture of quality consideration.
- Interface with various departments and facilities within the company on quality related issues.
- Maintain product integrity and quality through support of evaluation and disposition of nonconforming materials.
- Conducting internal audits.
Senior Quality Engineer: The ideal candidate:
- 5 - 6 years combined Manufacturing Engineering and/or Quality Systems experience.
- Regulated industry experience.
- The ability to collaborate, lead and participate across departments on Quality issues.
- Will have performed quality system audits both internal/external.
- Will have updated and established documented procedures as needed.
- Experience of leading cross-functional teams.
- Will have reviewed collected data to perform statistical analysis and recommend process and product changes to improve quality.
- Must have PC experience, as well as working familiarity of desktop applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Must have lead internal audit experience.
- Good strong presentation and training skills.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, oral and written communications skills.
Excellent problem solving/analysis skills.This position of Senior Quality Engineer would suit an organised and influential individual who has good attention to detail when working under pressure to deadlines.
Those interested must click apply to register their interest, or alternatively for further information and to have your application considered in further detail, please contact Sharon McDonough at Morgan Ryder associates.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's